Friday, March 21, 2008

Word for the day

Obnoxious


1. Very annoying or objectionable; offensive or odious: "I know no method to secure the repeal of bad or obnoxious laws so effective as their stringent execution" Ulysses S. Grant.

2. Archaic Exposed to harm, injury, or evil: "The town ... now lies obnoxious to its foes" John Bunyan.

I first encountered this word when I was in high school. It was highly used by my friend who happens to be a new comer then. She came from California. She loves to use this word, till I was able to adapt it as well. We both love writing poems at the age of 13 (Sophomore year) and would often write about our angst, "obnoxious and conceited" guys in school, girls we hated and those we think that are so uncool but never about profanity. I can clearly recall now when my love of writing started.


Now in the modern world (whoaaa, its as if I came from a pre historic era), this word is oftenly uttered by Simon Cowell, one of American Idol's judge whenever he is pissed off. Sissy he may sound but I find his reasoning logical. I first heard him say it to Chikizie, which was meant in bad light and recently, he told Jason Castro that he likes him not only because he is charming and that he is not obnoxious. Yipee, way to go Jason!

Since I can no longer watch American Idol live, I just take a peek of the show in You tube. Jason may sound funny on his rendition of Michelle of beatles but I really really love it. This dude is a star in the making. I love him. Though I think he looks like the Olsen twins.

Nyahahaha! See for yourself-same doe eyes and the way they twist their lips into a thin smile :)




I thought Michelle was an English song, turns out to be French. See lyrics below:


Michelle by Beatles

Michelle, ma belle, these are words that go together well, my Michelle Michelle, ma belle, sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble

I love you, I love you, I love you, that's all I want to say until I find a way I will say the only words I know that you understand.


Michelle, ma belle, sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble


I need to, I need to, I need to, I need to make you see oh what you mean to me until I do I'm hoping you will know what I mean


I love you!


I want you, I want you, I want you, I think you know by now I'll get to you somehow until I do I'm telling you so you'll understand


Michelle, ma belle sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble I will say the only words I know that you'll understand, my Michelle


So much of my blubbermouthing for tonight. I will see you all soon.

xoxo

Ace



No comments: