Friday, March 28, 2008

Pressures in life

I had such a bad day. A very demanding client was bugging me non stop. I can't even think, I can't focus on work because he keeps on bombarding me with messages regarding his varying requests. Do I really need this kind of pressure in my life? Yes, I know... money wise its good, I really felt bad having to forgo a possible good project but I know my limits. Daddy told me that I need to learn when to say NO and STOP. I still feel so gloomy....On top of this, I just declined an interview this afternoon. It was such a short notice that I didn't even have the time to prepare and travel. I was so passed out in our bed when I received that call, I can't barely remember what I just said to the girl who called me. Would I still have a second chance?

It made me reflect about my own personal bout with pressures in my life. Hubby fondly calls me pressure and worry. He said that my name should be change to these two words. I think pressure is inevitable. For all of us specially professional people trying to make a living, there's always bills to pay. There's also pressure at work. There's something about work that would even make you go against what your heart dictates you to do, makes you almost compromise your beliefs just so to satisfy the whims of your boss. But is this what you want? Is this what your heart dictates you to do? All these kinds of pressure are so agonizing.

Establish balance in your life. Meditate. Talk to your inner self. Ask God for assistance. Pray hard. Forgo destructive thinking which won't do you any good, live free. Value life more.

When its time to let go, just let go. Free yourself from pressures. Seek something that would make you happy and not entirely worthless and empty inside. Be happy, okay?

No comments: