Sunday, March 16, 2008

A new beginning

It feels strange having to blog again. I've been thinking since last night whether I'll be creating one or not. You see, I use to have a journal where I doodle my short stories, long stories and poems but since I've been been slacking for so long------- it just disappeared in cyber space. So sad since I dont have any back ups. I need to move on though, I've created a new journal but that's for my work. I've learn to back up using it, my flashdisk and my laptop.

Okay, moving on... I ran out of any ideas for a catchy name. I even thought of using a small phrase but still, i find it too boring and long. So i just opted for SupahMeeh. I dont know much about blogging though I've been reading several blogs for so long. I dont know the policies, the linking of different blogs to your blogs, so reader, bear with me while I just bubble here. I dont even know when would I have my own viewers. sigh...

Too much of that, I want to start with a good vibe. I've been reading marie claire this morning when I woke up(just 3 hours of sleep) it was a back issue which caught my attention. The cover story reads " Kill yourself of your family will kill you", Coincidently with Ruffa Gutierrez on the cover. You see, the story is about the so called " honor killings" and "honor suicides". This has been going on for so long in Turkey. If a girl in the family, whether it be a daughter or a wife, and they bring disgrace to the family name (sometimes as silly as exchanging phone calls with the opposite sex of whom you are attracted to) they would pressure you to kill yourself and if you don't they would have to kill you instead. That's too evil! Click on the link for a related story http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/how-to-avoid-honor-killing-in-turkey/20060716085509990006. my heart goes to these women who had to die having the wrong thought of bringing shame to their family. Let's move on, its just so depressing. I just said I wanted to start with a good vibe and yet I just shared a horrible story!

About me this time. I am a wife, no children yet and loves to read a lot and write. I used to draw really good(being a sining member in college) but i dont draw anymore I can do so if i want to, been an athlete who loves to workout but now, I just sit and read. hahahaha I would like to know more about blogging, just hope that I would have enough time to squeeze in learning it. I've been too tired this past week, and I don't know when I can recover totally.

So you see, you'll hear more from me... i'll keep you all posted

No comments: