Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Its Just Too Hard To Say NO

Yes, corny as it may sound, it was just too heartbreaking to say no to Starbucks. Hubby and I have been binging on Starbucks frappes for 3 straight days. We are never satisfied with the Tall size and would always order the Grande (never dared to try Venti, one of these days perhaps). Upon seeing the receipt (after all the add ons that cost P30 plus each), I get so guilty knowing we spent so much again over a beverage. But once the Barista calls my name, a devilish smile slowly forms on my lips and just one sip of my specially concocted beverage makes me forget even my name (Who am I? Hehehe!). Its feels like you're in heaven. I can almost see hubby's expression of satisfaction when he sips his trademark, Caffee Mocha. But.... just this afternoon, I painfully uttered the word NO when he asked me to go ahead and order even just the Strawberries and crème frappe (our new shared fave). I suddenly realize that its just too much and too expensive (that is to make it a daily habit). Even when we are almost broke (meaning Starbucks is not within the daily budget), it seems like out of magic more than a hundred extra bucks appear in our pocket awaiting to be joyfully spent. Anyhoo, I am willing to wait this weekend to have my Starbucks fix. Maybe a White Choco Mocha this time?

My fave among the signature blends is the Green Tea Frappucino with Java Chips or perhaps the Blackberry Green Tea. I've tried the Green tea Latte but it did not taste really good. I would prefer the Chai Lattes of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf instead. Oh by the way, hubby says Coffee Bean's Iced Mocha is his new bestfriend hehehe.

When ordering a Starbucks drink, you will never go wrong with their Frappuccinos. Did you know that Frappe actually means a blend of milkshake with cappucino? You can choose from the Blended Frappuccino, Light Blended and Blended crème.

A brief history about Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf:

It is said that all the Starbucks chain in the Philippines are actually owned by the Rustans' Group. The Starbucks Coffee house is the largest coffee house in the whole world established in 1971 in Seattle, Washington by three partners (two teachers and a writer). Their revenue for the year 2007 alone is US$9.411 Billion.



Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is a coffee chain which originated from Los Angeles, California. It first opened in 1963. Its revenue for the year 2007 is US$130.1 Million.



So what are you waiting for, order now!!!! Btw, this is not a paid opps of these two coffee chains. :p



xoxo,

Ace

No comments: