Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Equal Opportunity

Why did I come up with this topic? Gara has been requesting for the former and I overheard mami lhen sulking about sacrifices made by soldiers. Nyehehehe. So that's the reason why.

What am I feeling today? Actually I am neither happy nor sad. Just so so. Something came up and made me sad but it doesn't mean that I should dwell on it. Lovely things around me outweighs my sorrow.

When you think about equal opportunity, what comes into your mind? First word that I can associate with it is fairness. Everybody deserves a chance, it doesn't mean that an opportunity should be focus on just one person just because he thinks he needs it, what about others who are in dire need also and wants to play it fair? It can also be associated with our government. I for one wanted to work in the government. I know I deserve this chance since I passed the Civil Service for professionals but look at mostly the people who holds position in your local government, they are either a relative of these higher ups (NEPOTISM) or was backed up by a powerful person in the government. Where's the opportunity for us who took the exam and passed it? Nada!?! Coz we don't know anyone from the government. It sucks big time but its the reality. Lucky you if you were able to penetrate a decent position in our government without the aid of a BIGTIME boss. I salute you for that! Even so with positions advertised, why do they have age limits??? What if you are able to perform it well than others? Why don't they look at your skills first, if you are trainable, the total package instead of being rejected because you are not on the ideal age anymore. Hello??? Everyone ages, its inevitable.

Have you ever made a personal sacrifice for the benefit of others? I've done this a couple of times. It never hurts to sacrifice as long as you know that the people that you are doing it for are worth it. Take for instance a parent who would sacrifice working abroad and be away from his family just to ensure that they have a bright future. The best way to reciprocate this is to value the sacrifice made. Don't fail the person who did it for you. On a broader perspective, have you offered even just a little prayer for the soldiers who sacrificed their lives/died for their country? Most of us do not understand our soldiers sacrifices which they make every day. Imagine that you're just awaiting for your death, but you still willingly give the service to your country; for the common good of all. My heart goes to our modern heroes. With their acts of heroism, we are saved from possible threats and danger. I do not envy their position, but I envy their courage. How I wish I could be that courageous even when just facing personal problems? We are so lucky that we are not in their position. We need to value our life, our freedom and people who make sacrifices for us. Put yourself in their shoes and you will realize how fortunate you are in your current life. :)

xoxo
Ace

No comments: