Saturday, April 19, 2008

Who wants to be a millionaire?

So when do you expect to receive your first million? Many of us gets to earn more than what we can spend and yet we don't stash away a little extra for our own savings. Why is that so? Well, well, well, I can answer that (being guilty of this myself). Primary reasons are the malls. There are many things pleasing to our eyes that even before payday comes, we automatically allocate our extra money(salary less payables) to buying things that catches our fancy. Others have a very expensive sports that they maintain, thus saving is out of question. There are many of us who pays for education, mortgages, real estate payables and others. With the little remaining cash we have on hand, how can we be a millionaire without retorting to “lotto-luck”?

The trick is simple. Just learn to save, no matter how little it is, through time whether it be sooner or later, it will reach millions. Whether it is just a piggy bank savings (tee hee! I have this!) or hard cold moolah, it doesn't matter. It applies the same principle of savings. Sometimes we tend to be impatient awaiting for our money to yield high fast. I bet some of you would somehow take it as a competition on who gets to achieve it first. It's not really the race, it's on how honest you are and on actually getting there while you enjoy the journey to reaching your million (note: beware of those who do it illegally, there are a lot of millionaires who acquired their money out of illegal ways but there are also those who earn it in a decent way).

I on the other hand has been thinking of different ways to reach my first million. Which I think would take more time. I've been thinking of a business that would expedite it and yet I haven't decided on anything yet that is worth risking. I do side jobs which would add to my savings( which at the same time serves as a security money in case fortuitous events would happen like sickness, calamity, blah blah blah blah or that really nice bag that I've been lusting over for months-JOKE! ). I don't mind slaving myself, if the reason for it means more security in the future but I make sure that I still enjoy, when I don't and I get so pressured, I make it a point to tap out. We also tried investing in mutual funds (this is very risky and yet others really succeed) but turns out our current market is not performing well. So we need to buy out before we are face with the fact that we don't have any remaining money for emergency anymore. I wish I could be a little bit more of a risk taker, but if you are not really a wealthy person( that you have SUPER EXCESS money that you can just invest anywhere), you won't really afford to do it. Yet I am still devoting a particular day to shop around for stocks that would perform well in the stock market.

But you know what? I really want to buy my own car. It is really one of my personal goal. It just feel so ironic that I think about buying a car and yet I am thinking about achieving our first million. How can that be? Alas, the answer is to delay your gratification. Yes, Ace! Delaying Gratification is the answer. You can buy that dream car once you have your million on hand (just trying to convince myself here). It's worth waiting for.


Its not all about materialistic thinking here. Let's be thankful for all our blessings. We can always enjoy what we have. Don't just focus on earnings. Just atleast save a little. They say that its best to save atleast 10-20% of your salary, if possible. I know that I am on my way to earning my 1 million. Just start small yet think BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine you are holding it now. Visualize. Yeah the SECRET way. :)



xoxo,

Ace

No comments: