Monday, May 26, 2008

Foodie and others

I am blogging with a heavy heart. I am removing my ads for some undisclosed reason. Other bloggers may know the reason why, so I won't elaborate and dwell on it. It even came to a point wherein I wanted to shut down my blog but I've realized that it's not worth doing it. This blog was created for my love of writing so I wish to continue the so-called-battle, hehehe.

Today is Memorial Day in US so daddy is with me at home, doh technically he is still working. I am happy as usual because I get to spend extra time with him. During days where we can spend time more, we make it a point to really bond. We were both craving for something Italian and Mediterranean. In the morning, we dropped by at Bretto’s, it’s the only deli I know in our place which has a restaurant as well as a grocery with countless imported meats, steaks, cold cuts and cheese! I bought 200 grams of Mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese plus some cuts of Balony and nice warm bread with a weird shape. I hurriedly made our late breakfast,my own version of Submarine sandwich. It has several pieces of balony, onion rings, tomatoes, butter, mayo and layers and layers of melted Mozzarella and chedder cheese. It was heaven; I was able to make 5 servings of it. It was almost finished when I realized I forgot to put some ketchup on it. Darn! Anyhoo, it was still a great sandwich.

By afternoon, we decided to visit Molly Malones in Fields Avenue which offers international cuisine including Indian. We miss so much the Cheese Tosai we had at Little India. Tosai is a pan grilled Indian bread that tasted so good. It has melted cheese inside with different variety of dips. But this bread is not available locally, so we opted to buy Papad and Naan Bread instead.

Papad is a toasted flat crisp, pressed with mild Indian Spices. This particular bread is very tasty, distinctly Indian. The Naan is a round shape leavened grilled bread. For 40 pesos, its kinda pricey considering it has the same size and consistency as with the Shawarma bread but definitely taste better. Its grilled to perfection, comes with a garlic sauce dip and salsa. It can also be taken with mozzarella cheese or dip it with olive-basil-soysauce dip.

The small tortilla like is the papad and Naan is the Shawarma-like bread.


And oh I am so happy that our PSP actually worked for internet access via WIFI. I just tried it yesterday at home and I am using it tonight as well. See, I was able to even access my blog. :)





FOR THE SUCCEEDING PICTURE THAT I POSTED BELOW, I WOULD LIKE TO ISSUE A WARNING AS EARLY AS NOW…. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Its not really yucky but some of you might not be used to seeing unusual procedures done to any human. Below is my brother’s hand after an operation he had these past weeks. A metal wire/stick was inserted inside his hand due to a broken and chipped hand bone with 4 or 5 stapler (it’s the term used as it looks like a stapler) in it. Its not really that clear coz he was just cleaning it when I took the picture, the betadine almost covered it.









xoxo,

Ace

No comments: