Thursday, May 15, 2008

Playing the Game of Life

Sometimes, life can be likened to a big production number or a movie where you play the role of an actor and its up to you on how to make it worthwhile and entertaining, amidst any possible hindrances along the way.

It's been almost a week of no blogging, we have been faced with one of the greatest and difficult role. My mom just had her gall bladder removed due to build up of stone. It was quite big for the normal size, I actually took a picture of the gall bladder when it was removed as well as when it was cut open to reveal the stone. I will probably post the picture, doh I am not really sure if it will be a pleasant sight for my readers. Tell me ur thoughts, or you may want to skip the picture part and I will just place a disclaimer. Fair enough? I had the privilege of seeing this because the surgeon is a family friend and my Godmother. During my mom's ordeal, she had complications with her sugar as well as with her unstable blood pressure. It fluctuated from 180/90 to 70/80 which was really dangerous. She was in the OR and recovery room from 2:30 PM till almost 10:00 PM. She cried and told us she already saw blue skies and clouds. Added to this, two of the patients next to her died on the same day.

While my mom was on the recovery room, my brother had an “accident”. I was notified that he was in the Emergency Room around 9:00 PM. You can obviously see that he was in deep pain. His hand was swollen and 3 fingers can't be move. It turns out that his hand bone (hahaha I dont know the term, I'll be accurate once I get a hold of the clinical summary) and needs to be screwed. It was really in such a bad state. He just had his operation today. I hope that both of them will recover real soon.

I often wonder why sometimes bad luck strikes all at the same time. But during this past few days of analyzing our situation, I came to accept that everything was meant to happen. I requested for a member data record for my mom but decided to work on my brother's MDR as well without even thinking that it would soon be useful. He was in eternal bliss just a week ago, got engaged and now, he has someone to actually take care of him while mom is recuperating herself. Money maybe a challenge over these two operations yet, it wasn't even hard to cash out when you needed to. It might be a difficult period for us but we know that SOMEONE has been helping us and made it so easy to bear.

God is indeed good. I saw how united our family was, saw our real friends who was there to help out. Even visitors who genuinely took time to cheer us up. It was so overwhelming. We can't ask for more. We are so thankful. Out trials revealed to us that we can champion any situation as long as we want to and let God lead the way. Trials do come and go, its just a matter of how you deal and react with it.

Then if you are to ask yourself “ Why does God allow us to go through trying, difficult and painful times in our life?” Just remember that everything has a purpose. He may prevent it but he let us see the divine reason behind all these hardships we encounter. It helps us build our character more and makes us strong to withstand any storms in our life.

Lastly, count all your blessings instead of hardships. When face with a difficult situation, play it well. Make it entertaining, count all the joy. When you are tired and unable to fight anymore, let go. God will help you conquer all the trials in your life. :)

According to the famous line in the “ Smiling Pasta” series : JUST SMILE AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN'T OVERCOME.



xoxo,

Ace

No comments: